I decided to show you the products I've been using with consistency lately. I will list these in the order I use them to give you a simple idea of what I do in the mornings.
First of we have skincare. I have been using these products for quite a while and have been loving them!
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: This product doesn't irritate my skin or completely strip it of its moisture. It's perfect for using in the morning when I've done an intense cleansing with my Clarisonic the previous night.
- Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner: I bought the sample pack of these and have been working my way through it. I am quite pleased so far, although there a few scents I don't care for. I will have a more in depth review of these once I've tried them all. I apply this with a cotton round and let it sink in before applying my moisturizer.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion: I cannot rave enough about this! I really struggle to find moisturizers that are hydrating enough for me that don't break me out and this has been doing a great job. It has replaced my Korres Yoghurt Face Cream and Sephora Instant Moisturizer. AND it's from the drugstore!
- CeraVe eye cream: Nice and hydrating without leaving an oily residue or weird film. I mostly use this in the evening, but sometimes I'll pop it on in the morning if my eyes look like they need some hydration.
After I finish applying my skincare I move on the liquid and cream products. I start with my foundation, then apply concealer where I need it, and lastly prime my eyelids.
- Physician's Formula Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation: I like that this serum foundation is hydrating and easy to apply, however all of the shades are much to dark for me so I have to mix it with other products to get a decent color match.
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation: Another serum foundation, but with a way better color selection. I bought a light shade of this to mix with the PF one.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This is probably one of my favorite concealers of all time. It never looks patchy and doesn't settle into my fine lines.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo: I have a million of these. I use them under powder eyeshadows or just on their own.
After my liquid and cream products I use my powders. This usually consists of an all-over face powder, bronzer and a highlighter, in that order.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light: I use this to set my undereye concealer and any other areas that I don't want to have a super matte finish. After I use a matte powder to set the rest of my face I will go in with this again and highlight my cheekbones and cupid's bow.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: I use this to set foundation and concealer everywhere else.
- NYC Sunny Bronzer: I stopped using this for the longest time but I've been reaching for it again this past month or so. I generally use this to bronze all over and also contour my cheeks a bit.
Lastly I move on to lip balm, color products, and mascara.
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: This has been my HG mascara for quite a while. I haven't found anything that holds my curl this well while still giving me tons of length and volume.
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm: Another all-time favorite of mine. I always prep my lips with this before applying lip color.
- Tarte lip pencils: These are so easy to use and convenient to toss in a handbag. I don't even need a mirror for application.
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Blonde and Medium Brown: This is just a really easy to use product. I like that it is pigmented enough that it shows up, but not so pigmented that it looks like your brows are painted on. There is a slight sheerness that makes it look very natural while still defined.
Well, that's it! I have been skipping the blush lately in favor of a more bronzed and highlighted look. What have you been wearing recently?